Japanese working status (working VISA)


.spineart.gif (115399 bytes)

Saito Office
(Immigration lawyer in Japan)
immigration lawyer japan 

TEL 045-453-0182

Employment and Work in Japan

  The Immigration Control and Refugee Recognition Act (Immigration Law) provides the regulations to non-Japanese people who intend to visit/reside in Japan for employment/work purposes.

  Non-Japanese people can work in Japan within the activities which is permitted the status of residence for working. Some people who have status which based on social status or position ("Permanent Resident" "Japanese Spouse" "Spouse of Permanent Resident" "Long term Resident") can work without any restriction by Immigration Law.

  Working status of Japan is approved by the Immigration bureau. Immigration lawyer help you the immigration procedure as your proxy. We can apply to get your status of residence to work in Japan.

Status of residence for permitted working

  These status are permitted for working within permitted activity

  • Diplomat
  • Official
  • Professor
  • Artist
  • Religious Activities
  • Journalist
  • Investor / Business Manager
  • Legal / Accounting Services
  • Medical Services
  • Researcher
  • Instructor
  • Engineer
  • Specialist in Humanities / International Services
  • Intra-company Transferee
  • Entertainer
  • Skilled Labor
  • Designated Activities

Status of prevented working

  These status can not do any working activities without "Permission to engage in activity other than that permitted under the status of residence previously granted"

  • Cultural Activities
  • Temporary Visitor
  • College Student
  • Pre-college Student
  • Trainee
  • Dependent

Status of no restriction for working

 These status can work with no restriction by immigration law

  • Permanent Resident
  • Spouse or Child of Japanese National
  • Spouse or Child of Permanent Resident
  • Long Term Resident

Fees for working Visa procedures

APPLICATION CATEGORY TYPE OF STATUS Retainer fee Contingency fee Total
Certificate of Eligibility Specialist in Humanities
International services
40,000 40,000 80,000
Skilled labor 40,000 40,000 80,000
Engineer 40,000 40,000 80,000
Intra-company Transferee 50,000 50,000 100,000
Change of Status of Residence Specialist in Humanities
International services
30,000 30,000 60,000
Engineer 30,000 30,000 60,000
Certificate of authorized employment
Same business as the previous company 20,000 20,000 40,000
Different business from the previous company 25,000 25,000 50,000
Extension of period of stay
Same company as the last application 25,000 0 25,000
Different company from the last application 25,000 25,000 50,000

How to contact with Immigration lawyer

  Please feel free to contact with us via the following Telephone number or E-mail address.

  * Tel : 045-453-0182
  * E-mail : law-counseling@nifty.com

  Please make an appointment and come to our office for the counseling.

 Counseling fees;
  * Free of charge for 30 minutes
    From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Except on Saturday, Sunday and national holidays)
   * 5,000 yen without time limit
    From 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.(Available on Saturday,Sunday and national holidays)


Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Saito Office. All Rights Reserved