Remarriage for Divorced Filipinos in Japan
Divorced Filipinos can get remarried to a Japanese if he/she can get a
Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage (LCCM) which is issued by Philippines embassy in Japan.
The LCCM is issued ONLY to Filipinos presently residing in Japan wishing
to get married to a foreign national.
How to get LCCM from Philippines Embassy in Japan
REQUIREMENTS FOR DIVORCE FILIPINOS: (WITH PHIL. COURT RECOGNITION)
- Duly accomplished application.
- Valid Passport: Original and one (1) photocopy of the data page.
Note: If Expired Passport / Lost Passport / Mutilated Passport / Tampered
Passport / Passport with Discrepancy, the applicant must apply for a new
passport before applying for LCCM.
- NSO Birth Certificate: Original and one (1) photocopy.
- NSO Advisory on Marriage: Original and one (1) photocopy.
- Annotated NSO Marriage Certificate: Original and one (1) photocopy.
- Judicial Recognition of Foreign Divorce issued by a competent Philippine
Court with Certificate of Finality. This must be authenticated by the DFA.
Original and one (1) photocopy
- If former spouse is Japanese, please submit Family Registry (Koseki Tohon)
reflecting the couple’s place and date of divorce. Please note that the
Koseki Shohon (part of Koseki Tohon) and Certificate of Acceptance (Juri
Shomeisho) are not acceptable.
- If former spouse is a foreign national other than Japanese, please submit
Certificate of Acceptance of Divorce (Juri Shomeisho) showing the couple’s
place and date of divorce.
- Residence Card: Original and one (1) photocopy.
- Three (3) passport size photos.
REQUIREMENTS FOR JAPANESE
- Family Registry (KOSEKI TOHON). Validity is three (3) months from the date
- If the Japanese is divorced, the record of marriage and divorce with the
previous spouse must be indicated in the Koseki Tohon.
- If the Japanese is widowed, the record of death of the previous spouse
must be indicated in the Koseki Tohon.
- A Koseki Shohon is NOT acceptable.
- Valid Passport or any valid ID.
- Three (3) passport size photos.
Certificate of Divorce in Japan
You have to submit certificate of divorce to competent a Philippine Court
to get Judicial Recognition of Japanese Divorce. However the certificate
is in Japanese. You have to translate it into English.
You also have to make sure Japanese divorce law. You can get divorce by
mutual consent (divorce by agreement) in Japan. But this divorce system
is not recognized by Philippines law. That's why, you have to verify that
you got divorce in accordance with Japanese law.
Our office make an English version of the certificate of divorce and an
affidavit to make sure that you got divorce in accordance with Japanese
law. We also get authentication by the Philippines Embassy in Japan on
these documents. The total charges is 70,000 Japanese Yen to make these
How to Remarriage in Japan
You may get remarriage in Japan except recognition by a Philippines Court
for divorce in Japan. It depends on your situation.
Please make an appointment and come to my office if you want to get remarriage
in Japan except recognition by the Philippines Court.
How to contact with Immigration lawyer
Please feel free to contact with us via the following Telephone number
or E-mail address.
* Tel : 045-453-0182
* E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make an appointment and come to our office for the counseling.
* Free of charge for 30 minutes
From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Except on Saturday, Sunday and national holidays)
* 5,000 yen without time limit
From 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.(Available on Saturday,Sunday and national holidays)