Naturalization in Japan
@A foreign national who wishes to obtain Japanese nationality must go through
naturalization. You should apply to naturalization for the Legal Affairs
Bureau in Japan.
@We help your naturalization procedure for the Legal Affairs Bureau as
an immigration lawyer. Please contact with us if you want to acquire Japanese
Criteria for Naturalization to acquire Japanese nationality
yGeneral condition for Naturalizationz
- have continually resided in Japan for 5 years or more;
- be at least 20 years of age, and must be recognized as having legal capacity
under law the laws governing your country;
- have good conduct;
- be able to maintain your living either on your assets or skills or of that
of your spouse, children, or other members of your country;
- not hold a nationality of any other country; or, on acquiring Japanese
nationality, will renounce the other nationality; (There are some exceptions)
- never have plotted or advocated the violent destruction of the Japanese
government, or have formed or belonged to political party or organization
with this aim.
@You do not need to satisfy the condition 1 (5 years residence requirement)
above, if you have an address in Japan and you satisfy one of the following
- you are a child of former Japanese national ( excludes adopted children),
and have continually resided in, or have had a dwelling in Japan for at
least 3 years.
- you were born in Japan, and have continually resided in or have had a dwelling
in Japan for at 3 years; or you have a parent ( excludes adopted parents
) who wan born in Japan.
- you have had a dwelling in Japan for at least 10 years.
@If you fall under one of the following categories, you can be granted
naturalization by the Minister of Justice without having satisfied either
condition 1 ( 5 years residency requirement ) or 2 ( capacity to act );
- you are a spouse of Japanese national, have had an address or dwelling
in Japan for at least 3 years, and you presently reside in Japan;
- you are a spouse of a Japanese national, at least 3 years have passed from
the day of marriage (marriage registration date), and you have had an address
in Japan for at least one year during this period.
@You may be granted naturalization by the Minister of Justice without having
satisfied either conditions 1 ( 5 years residency requirement ) or 2 (
capacity or act ) or 4 (maintain living ) if you fall under one of the
- you are the child of Japanese national ( excludes adopted children ) and
have an address in Japan;
- you are the adopted child of a Japanese national, were a minor at the time
of adoption, and have had an address in Japan for at least one continuous
- you have lost Japanese nationality but still have and address in Japan;
- you were born in Japan, have had no nationality since the time of birth,
and have continuously and an address in Japan for at least 3 years after
Fees for Naturalization procedures
||Pay for advance
||Pay for final
|Spouse of Japanese national
|Child of Japanese national
How to contact with Immigration lawyer
@@Please feel free to contact with us via the following Telephone number
or E-mail address.
@@* Tel : 045-453-0182
@@* E-mail : email@example.com
@@Please make an appointment and come to our office for the counseling.
@@*@Free of charge for 30 minutes
@@@@From 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Except on Saturday, Sunday and national holidays)
@@ * 5,000 yen without time limit
@@@@From 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.(Available on Saturday,Sunday and national holidays)